For couples writing personal vows, how long and how much to say on their special day has no limits. This is the time to express your love and commitment to your beloved. For family, friends and guests at your wedding ceremony, those vows should be ones to share and to be remembered.
Make your writing process more enjoyable while afterwards leaving some heartfelt memories with the audience, the couple may want to consider these tips on vows:
- In a few sentences, talk about your love and promises made and offered to your spouse.
- Write about one thing that you will always remember between the two of you.
- Keep thoughts concise and within a page of writing, typically within 500 words.
- Writing long stories may be interesting but you want to keep the audience involved.
- You can expand on vows with more thoughts, if there is a reception speech afterwards.
For those who do not want to write their own vows, Pastor Vickie has examples for use…